+49 431 - 990 730
The disease is also called "the silent thief of the bone", because symptoms are not noticeable for a long time. Osteoporosis often remains undiscovered until a fracture is detected. Constant back pain, for example, can be an alarm signal. Our bones form the basis for the shape and statics of the human body. If the bone structure weakens, this first affects the back. Osteoarthritis can also be a warning signal. If you notice such warning signs, it is high time to go to the doctor and have osteoporosis diagnosed. The doctor will talk to you to find out if there are any risk factors.
Typical osteoporosis symptoms
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Bone fractures with no apparent cause
- Wobbly teeth or tooth loss
- An increasing hunchback (widow's hump)
- Relatively long arms and decreasing height
- Ribs touching the pelvis
- Fir tree phenomenon (oblique skin folds at the back)
Attention: Fatigue fractures can be a warning sign of osteoporosis. With continuous stress, they often occur even in young, athletically active men and women.